Portfolio Management & Financial Planning | Money might not be able to buy happiness, but it can buy financial security, and that’s one step closer to happiness. In the end, money can buy a certain kind of happiness, which is why you should make it a habit to manage your money. Managing your money is one of the most important things you will do in your life, whether you do it with a few “hacks” or the hard way.
You need both short-term and long-term goals before you can make decisions about the money. Make sure you follow the same rules. If you stick to a good plan for the present and the future, you can take your dream vacation and save money for a future vacation at the same time.
We often have to choose between putting money away for the future and putting it to work in the market right now.
Now, putting some money away could be a good way to save money in the short term, but in the long term, it would be smarter to put that money in the derivatives market so you don’t lose money because of inflation and the time value of money.
The fact that a business starts and ends with money makes it easy to understand how to handle finances. You get to decide if money will help your business or hurt it. This brings us to the most common and important ideas that everyone should know about today: portfolio management and financial planning.
How do you manage a portfolio?
We’re not talking about a job portfolio here; we’re talking about money. A portfolio is a collection of different types of financial securities, such as stocks, government bonds, debentures, units, and other similar financial assets. Putting together a financial portfolio is like playing with fire and having a bucket of water, or a plan B, on the side. It plays in both the stock market and the debt market.
The main reason to have a diverse portfolio of investments is to reduce risk and make the most money possible. For example, your portfolio of investments should help you save money on taxes.
A financial portfolio sounds like a bunch of unrelated things put together. On the contrary, investors need a carefully blended mix of assets to keep track of their financial decisions, eliminate risk, and make the most money possible.
Now, managing a portfolio means picking stocks and making small but constant changes to the portfolio based on how the market is doing. It’s basically investing in the stock market and the derivatives market and spreading money out among different types of securities to reduce risk.
Portfolio management is a constantly changing process that requires constant attention and knowledge of what’s going on in the market at all times.
Portfolio management for ULIPs includes allocating assets, choosing securities, executing, creating, and putting into action strategies, and evaluating performance.
Read:-Preparing your Finances with Life Insurance
What is planning for money?
Planning your finances or your business seems like a simple task at first. But it requires looking at the present and the future, figuring out where the company is going, and then coming up with ways to get there. This process sounds very simple, but in reality, there are a lot of different parts to it.
Financial planning is based on things that are unlikely to happen. This needs a methodical way to find and analyze external factors and match them with the firm’s financial resources. It involves setting goals, making policies, making forecasts, and making procedures.
It also helps measure the performance of every important process, which shows when things are getting worse.
Let’s look at a specific case. Fatima just started a new job, and her father told her she should start making plans for when she retires. She didn’t think much of the conversation, and she never saved anything for her old age. When she lost her job, she realized that she didn’t have a plan for her money.
After all, her father was right. What will she do when she retires, which is still a long time from now? But how will she pay the bills if she doesn’t have a source of income? If she had started planning and organizing her money earlier, it would have been easier for her to save up money.
For financial planning, you need to write down the organization’s goals and all the possible ways to reach those goals.
Then, one must gather information about the different options and then look at the information. The last step would be to summarise the results so that a decision could be made, and then act on that decision.
After that, you have to compare the planned results with the actual results, take corrective actions, and change the plan until you get to where you want to be.
Portfolio management is different from financial planning.
When it comes to portfolio management and financial planning, there is a battle of the tenses. Here are the differences:
- Managing a portfolio is all about the present. Here, you put your money into different securities with the goal of making it grow and then putting it back into other securities. Financial planning is basically setting a goal for the future and planning how you will invest to reach that goal.
- Portfolio management is about using stocks, bonds, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, and other investments to reach short-term or immediate goals. For financial planning, one has to plan, manage, and budget money to meet estimated financial needs.
- A person needs an investment manager to help them with portfolio management. Wealth manager helps their clients plan their finances by giving advice and working to improve their overall financial situation.
- Portfolio management is mainly about evaluating the different parts of a client’s portfolio, which helps make important decisions about investments and sales. On the other hand, financial planning requires a thorough analysis of the client’s overall financial situation in order to set long-term financial goals.
- A portfolio manager or investment manager is someone who helps with managing and diversifying a portfolio. A financial advisor or wealth manager is someone who helps with planning money.
- Managing a portfolio is a constantly changing process that requires constant attention. Portfolio management is a lot more dynamic than financial planning.
Choosing the right plan from Canara HSBC Life Insurance can solve your investment problems, whether they are about managing your portfolio now or planning for your financial future. From saving plans to retirement and pension plans, the right plan can help the boat go smoothly. It’s a one-stop shop for all of your money problems, so you can keep your family’s finances safe.
Join our social handles | EKANA TECHNOLOGIES